Time and again, Bruce Rauner has failed Illinois’ immigrant communities, cowering to Donald Trump’s hateful policies and acting as his silent partner in Springfield. As bills protecting the 1.8 million immigrants in Illinois sit on Rauner’s desk, the Pritzker campaign will highlight how this governor has failed immigrants across our state.
While Donald Trump attacks our state’s immigrants, Bruce Rauner has dragged his feet on signing critical legislation to protect our immigrant community, including:
- SB 35: Ensuring public schools, health care facilities, and courts remain safe for immigrant children and families.
- SB 34: Helping immigrant victims of violent crime.
- SB 3488: Prohibiting Illinois from participating in a registry program based on race, religion, and country of origin.
- SB 3109: Guaranteeing immigrants have access to professional licensing.
- SB 3103: Stopping landlords from intimidating tenants based on their immigration or citizenship status.
“Instead of making Illinois a welcoming state, Bruce Rauner has turned his back on our immigrant communities and has a series of bills sitting on his desk,” said Pritzker campaign spokeswoman Jordan Abudayyeh. “We need a governor who will take immediate action to stand up for our immigrant families, but Rauner is busy cowering to Donald Trump as Illinoisans are left vulnerable to his attacks.”